Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Mom's Heart

I know that many of you know, but last Friday, David came home from the theater watching Godspell and found our front and back doors both open. He looked around thinking that something may have been stolen. Laptops, TV's, two game systems, a suround sound system, all were right where we left them. Having a large family, we've been known to leave without shutting some doors so he left me a voice mail saying that the doors were open but that nothing seemed to be missing so he was going to go ahead to bed.
I got home at Midnight from Cici's. I decided to change into comfy clothes before my teenagers, their two friends and a family friend all got home. My bedroom light was off (because David was sound asleep). As I went to put my earrings on my chest of drawers I noticed that my top drawer was open. I thought it strange since it's my "encouragement drawer" that doesn't have anything important in it other than sweet things people have said to me in notes and cards. As I set the earrings down, I noticed that the shoe box I had our adoption money was not on top where I'd left it. I looked on the floor thinking it must have fallen off somehow. Nothing. I woke up David and asked him if he'd been in my dresser. He said (half asleep) "What?" I asked him again, "Have you been in my dresser?" He said, "No! Why are you asking me that? I need to get some sleep!" I said, Honey! Our adoption money is missing! He sat straight up in bed. He asked me, "Are you sure?!" I said"It's nowhere!" He said, "Call 911 while I get dressed."
I went into the livingroom and called 911. She was very nice and said that she would send an officer out. About five minutes later Officer Bratcher came to the door. He was very kind and compassionate. He asked about how much money had been taken and I told him all of it. About $4000 in cash and checks. He asked if our doors were locked and we told him no. He asked if I grew up in Liberty and I said yes. He told me it's not the same as when we were kids. It turns out he was two years behind me in high school and graduated with my sister from Liberty High School. He took some pictures, looked to see if there were any fingerprints (there weren't) and shared with us that he was a Christian and that God was going to redeem us. We were only trying to do what the Lord wanted us to do, so not to let this get us down. He said several times that we should get into contact with the news stations and let them know our story. (I tried Channel 4 on Saturday morning with no luck) He then talked to David about a keyless entry door lock for our home. He also told us that even though we hadn't locked up our home, that didn't give anyone the right to break in and take our things.
I debated about sharing this on FB, but everyone at CYT has been so supportive and kind that I thought that having many people praying at the same time was beneficial. Here are our requests if you would like to help:
~Pray that one of the news stations will pick up our story and that maybe the community will want to help us. (If you like making phone calls, please let me know and I will have you talk to Sandy Wilbourn who is working on this for us.)
~Pray that the Lord will restore all our money so we can bring our little guy home. We don't want the lack of funds to delay us any further than we've already been delayed with paperwork, etc.
~Pray for safe and secure feelings for my two little boys, Dayton and Dalton (especially Dalton).
~Pray for the person who stole from us that the Lord may use this to bring him to a personal relationship with Jesus.
Thank you all for your love, kindness and grace as we continue the journey of completing our adoption.
In Him Alone,
Diane
Genisis 50:20 - What men meant for evil, God meant for good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment